Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Or Because

There is evil inside you
and death
not forward or obvious
but creeping
through cheated lips
wanting
or waiting
to hurt someone
hurt him
or
rather me

Trapped and wishing
for discontinued voices
pseudo strong
and never letting on
because you
or
I
could eat the meat of her heart
if only to stay alive
for a few more
seconds
like when
a head is severed
to feel the pain

You are not here to save me
I am not so sweet
You are not here to save me
I am not so safe

Not healthy
or so destructive
to start
hating
before the injury
or assume
without direction
as the sun sets south
you are lost

Cliche and under appreciated
as a boy speaks
the words of a genius
or
once again
I speak
how I am not me
or drowning
in your scent
during
sweaty sex
with a ghost
or a drug
I haven't mentioned
your name to

I have not let you save me
assuming I might need it
because I am
a monster
man made in fear
due to other monsters

or because

You are not so sweet
You are not so safe
or
should I say I?

No comments: