Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Lies like Pangaea

There is a back to everything
like what you sleep on
after attempts at disappearing
sick of hauls.

I've been sick for weeks
wishing you were
coughing up blood stained with my name.
But
forgotten and dead.

I don't want to hate
when I am never there
or
however
when you can't believe
the direction of the wind
blowing out the fire
and building walls
for
I think you are a liar.

New and used
in each night
like dark skin
impressed with foreign lips
and big eyes.

Sick sick sick
of pretending
to be an island
but I am
an island more like
Pangaea
wanting to be connected
together and whole.
No distance I can't run to
no oceans in between.

U.S.A. and Australia
parted and distant
at least not at war with each other
however far
so I cannot run
and I will not travel
because I am sick.

No comments: